Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update

Holly finally had the baby last night about 10 p.m. by c-section. She weighed 10lbs and was 19in long. The cord was not around the neck and she appeared healthy. They are not sure what caused this death. They did offer an autopsy which Holly declined.

I did talk to Heather today. They are all just devestated. She said Holly has been pretty much medicated the whole time and that today it would probably all begin to sink in. Please remember them. This is such a shock to a really great family.

Also, in case some haven't already heard...Lane Buttrum and his wife also lost their little girl yesterday. She has been sick, but went unexpectedly yesterday.

Times like this make us question why. But we know it is not always for us to understand. I know it sure made me hold my babies a little tighter last night.

2 comments:

Kari Wright said...

Such a horrible time for both families and my heart goes out to them! I also read (through a fellow blogger)that another family lost their 15 month old daughter yesterday from a form of cancer..they had just found out 2 weeks ago, so this was very sudden! DEFINATELY makes me realize how blessed I am to have 2 healthy children!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Oh, I am just sick about both of these poor families. I think about it all the time and I can't imagine what they must be feeling.