Thursday, February 19, 2009

A "Smashing" Day


Yesterday was quite eventful at my house. Kennadi is sick (again) with an ear infection that we can't get to clear up. So I called the doctor and they had a cancellation for 11 a.m. I was thrilled and said we would be there! As I loaded Kennadi up in the car I shut her door and slammed my finger in the door. Blood literally went everywhere! It sprayed all over my shirt (that I had just taken the tages off of, mind you), it sprayed on the car-even on to the trunk. It was on the concrete beside the car and even running down the car. I freaked! I wasn't sure how bad it was so I wrapped it up with a wipie and was screaming in pain. I was so scared that my finger was cut off and also that Kennadi was going to miss her doctor's appointment. I called Brant and had to repeat myself 3 times before he could understand what was going on. I also called my mom at work and she came racing over. I felt stupid having both of them come home from work all b/c of a dumb finger. But seriously, I was in MAJOR pain - and I've had 2 c-sections! My mom took Kennadi to the doctor and Brant stayed with me. The finger is better. It just got the top digit of my index finger. That digit may be broken, but there is nothing to do about that. I just have to deal with the pain and hope it heals quickly.

3 comments:

Kari Wright said...

All I can say is OUCH! I'm just wondering if i'm next...you and Lindsey have BOTH smashed your fingers in the past week!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Holy crap! You and Linds need to slow it down getting in and out of the car!!

Lindsey said...

What is up with us??!! I so feel your pain! It's horrible, isn't it? I have two black fingernails right now from different days! We'll have to go get a manicure together sometime soon to make ourselves feel better! I'm so sorry it happened to you too!!!