Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Anniversary Trip

Brant and I left last Thursday for a much-needed getaway. We were celebrating our 10th Anniversary a little early. It is so hard to believe that we will have been married 10 years this Friday. I certainly do not feel old enough to have been married that long.

We took our camper to Mountain View. We stayed at a beautiful/quiet place near the White River. We love our little home away from home and we feel so fortunate that we have it. We bought it from my aunt and uncle who used it on the mission field. They are really special to me and that makes the camper even that more special. We have already created so many great memories in it. The girls absolutely love camping and were jealous that we were going without them this time.
This was the view we had from our camper. This is Sylamore Creek that runs directly into the White River just about 300 yards from this pic. I just loved the way the rocks looked up the mountain.



We visited Blanchard Springs Caverns on Friday. We took a 1 hour tour called the Dripstone Tour. We really enjoyed it - very interesting. I have been there before, but it was when I was young. We want to go back and take the girls.

2 comments:

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I'm glad you guys got some time away on your own-I am sure it was much needed.
I love Blanchard Springs! FUN!

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary--wow! 10 years already!! Congratulations! I know you both enjoyed the quiet time away by yourselves.