Saturday, March 7, 2009

Potty Training - Who's Training Who?


For the past few months we have been attempting to pottytrain Kennadi. It has not been going well to say the least. I think she has been training us instead! She has begun to rebel against the potty in general. She likes being a baby and doesn't mind telling you that.

One day she was watching me go to the potty and she said, "Mommy you go pee pee?" I replied, "Yes b/c I am a big girl and I get to wear big girl panties." She then replied happily, "Not me!"

I haven't been real strick about it especially since she has been sick for the past month or so. But the other day we got an all clear on her recurrent ear infection and I decided it is time to get serious.




I have now resorted to sticker charts and candy. We'll see if we can't bribe her to use the potty. She is now most of the time agreeing to at least sit on the potty, but she also doesn't mind having accidents. I am hoping she will accept that it is time to be a big girl and leave the diapers behind. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Ryan and Melissa said...

Good luck! I don't know what method you are using, but a girlfriend of mine emailed details from the book "Potty Training in a Day." So far it has worked great for Cooper. Email me if you are interested in me forwarding the info. Again, lots of luck!!!

Lindsey said...

OOOOOHHHHH...I shudder at the thought of doing this again. Round one was such a nightmare for me! Best of luck!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Yeah! I would potty for some Smarties!!

Kari Wright said...

I don't even want to think about having to do the potty training thing again...Especially since round 2 is a boy and they say it takes even LONGER! Oh dear! Sending "best of luck" wishes your way!!

Meredith said...

Go Kennadi! Help a momma out and go pee pee on the potty. :)