Friday, January 9, 2009

A Doggy Mishap




Yesterday I had a little doggy mishap....Emmi was in desperate need of a grooming appointment. So I called last week to make her an appointment for yesterday since I would be at work and could take her on my way. I dropped her off and told them to call me if they had any problems (not thinking anything of that statement since she has never had any problems while being groomed). At lunch I received a call saying they had cut her while they were clipping her. The poor lady was very upset and said that she thought she needed to go to the vet. The man assured me it was not an emergency. So my mom went to pick her up. They did not get to finish grooming her b/c after the cut, the lady panicked and refused to trim her again. They gave my mom my money back and their card in case in incurred any vet bills b/c of the cut. They told my mom they really did not want me to bring Emmi back b/c they thought she may need to be medicated in order to be groomed in the future. I have never had anyone tell me this before, so I was surprised. Anyway, Emmi was now half groomed and had a cut on her neck.


Brant picked her up from my mom after he got home from work b/c I did not get off until 6p.m. He decided to "finish" her haircut. When I came home I almost did not recognize my poor little Emmi. She looks like an albino chihuahua! She looks so sickly and pitiful. Poor dog. In case you have forgotten what she looked like prior, look back at a post of her on my blog in December and you will see how pitiful it is!


She is not happy at all! She just looks at us with stress and sadness. Poor Emmi!




4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, my poor Emmi!!! Remind me to never let Brant around Lexi with any clippers!

Kari Wright said...

Awww...poor Emmi! I saw your mom at the daycare that day and she told me what happened. Poor little thing!

Lindsey said...

What did the girls say? HA!
When we picked Jasmine up from the groomer the first time they had cut her like a schnauzer (sp?)and Ana was like, "Where's Jazzy?" while she looked right at her! I'm glad she's ok. Funny that she got banished and referred for anti-anxiety meds!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

She looks terrible! I always worry about that with Keiko. Actually, I worry more that she will bite the groomer.